Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Tuesday was a good day

I stayed home and worked on the office budget for the coming fiscal year. I also worked on some other "stuff" from the office. It was good to be home alone to get some work done.

After I worked awhile, I decided to take a break and rode up to Forest City. I went to my favorite bead store - Off the beaded path - and spoke with the owner, Kelly, about some classes here at the center. She is going to have her friend call me. I got some neat jewelry stuff (when wooden bangles that fit my hand!!!!!!!). Then I went to Ryan's where I ate for $6.39 (she gave me the senior discount - YEAH). The food was really good - especially the fried chicken and the banana pudding. Then I went to the other bead store and got a couple of things to make. But my best shopping was done a the Mighty Dollar store. I got sara lee bread for 1.00 a loaf (and it still had a good date), scrapbook stuff, drinks, picture frames, puzzle books (for the office and my brother) - BUT - the best thing was - Autumn Leaves clear stamps (a limit of 1 style per family per day and they had 7 styles) - I got sassy alpha, scribbles hearts and stars, messy dates, brushed alphabet,word art v I,
brushed flowers, and mindy's alphas. I hope to go back on Thursday to get another set of the clear stamps for a fundraiser crop we are going to have here at the senior center (where I work) in June.

On the way home, my DIL called and wanted to know if I could come by the day care where she works and pick up my grandson. Of course I said YES!!!! After I picked him up, I took him to see his great-nana for a little while. Then home to fix supper for the family.

All in all, it was a great day for me.

1 comment:

  1. Actually it is amazing what dollar stores sell. I got some amazing stuff for my swaps. Also if they are run by Asians, yu can get the Kawaii stuff too that everyone talks about.
    You have trouble getting bracelets to fit too? I thought I was the only one!
    I like that store name"Off the Beaded Path"!

    ReplyDelete